You want to buy a property. How to decide between a house vs a condo?
A condo is a good choice for a buyer who:
- doesn’t have the interest, time or ability to take care of the regular maintenance or repairs of a house (plumbing, carpentry, electrical, gardening, lawn mowing, snow removal, pest control, etc.)
- likes the convenience and freedom of owning property without all the additional responsibilities and expenses that are likely to come with owning a house
- wants access to amenities such as a gym wants a living space that will be move-in ready, without the need for upgrades
- doesn’t mind living in a large community
- wants the convenience of just picking up the phone to report any maintenance issues
- wants access to amenities, which could include parking, concierge, gym, pool, common space, etc.
- doesn't mind living in a potentially large community with neighbours living in close proximity
A house is a good choice for a buyer who:
- is comfortable with handiwork and maintenance
- is able to afford upkeep and any emergency repairs
- wants privacy wants control over design
- wants the independence and freedom to make your own home improvement, decorating and style decisions
- doesn’t want to go through the approval process of a condo board for every potential home improvement/upgrade