Here are several points to consider when looking for a professional and reliable real estate broker:
- Obtain recommendations from friends and business associates.
- Check the reputation of the brokerage firm.
- Look for a broker who is familiar with the area you want to live in.
- Visit the agency website and the broker's web page.
- Note the "For Sale" signs in neighbourhoods you'd like to live and jot down the key information.
- Ensure the real estate broker you choose is someone you feel comfortable with - someone who listens to your needs and is genuinely interested in helping you find the right home.
- Verify the broker's knowledge of the housing market and financing options that may be available to you.
- Ask your real estate broker what he(she) can offer you.